HMIS supports the surrounding community to make the Tri-Cities region a desirable place to live and work. HMIS made a significant impact on local nonprofit organizations with 2020 year-end community donations, donating a total of $60,000 to 12 nonprofits, including the American Red Cross (Northwest Region), Columbia Basin College Foundation, Communities in Schools of Benton and Franklin Counties, Domestic Violence Services of Benton and Franklin Counties, Habitat for Humanity (Tri-County Partners), Meals on Wheels, Safe Harbor Crisis Center, Second Harvest, Service Peace Warriors, Support, Advocacy & Resource Center, United Way of Benton and Franklin Counties, WSU Tri-Cities Foundation.
Over the next ten years, we will invest $10 million as part of our community commitment plan, focused on improving education, supporting the local small business community and enhancing the quality of life for many in need. Our plan will support community organizations and initiatives that include both financial contributions and in-kind services. Some of the highlights our community can look forward to are:
- Investments in STEM education
- Awarding up to $500,000 in scholarships
- Employee development efforts
- Regional purchasing programs, including a “business in a box” model
- Continuation of the successful Connect Tri-Cities event
- Charitable donations to local non-profits
- A dynamic employee volunteerism program and much more.